Productive Use of Renewable Energy for Sustainable Development (PURE)
Year: 2018 – 2019
Project Duration: 08 Months
The project components are based on Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time Bound (SMART) Objectives.
- Provide clean and renewable energy for socio-economic growth of marginalized communities and protection of the environment (SDG 7)
- Build the adaptive resilience of vulnerable community to climate change (SDG 13)
- Promote sustained economic, inclusive and sustainable economic growth of marginalized communities(SDG 8)
- Empower women and create an institutional role for them in decision making (SDG 5)
- Develop synergistic linkages between stakeholders for harmonized outcomes.
- Reduction in greenhouse gas emissions.
- Sustainable management of natural resources and more knowledge and awareness on the need for environmental protection
- Higher levels of economic productivity and income diversification with job creation and entrepreneurship.
- Enhanced role of women with effective participation and equal opportunity in decision making and access to resources
- Improved collaboration and coordination between state and non-state actors.
Major Activities undertaken:
- 2 Meetings with community and relevant govt department to develop consensus on project activities in target school
- Signing of terms of partnership (TOP) with Community Organization
- Technical evaluation of project site (detailed site surveys and preparation of technical feasibility and design)
- Preparation of work description, work plan and bills of quantities
- Initiation of physical works, layout, site preparation, material security and labor management
- procurement of pipe, runner and generator
- Installation of runner, generator and construction of power house
- Orientation workshop to community to its operation and maintenance
- Monitoring visits by MGPO staff, relevant govt department and CO
- Survey of project input, outcomes and final report compilation
- Project completion & handing over project to CO
Location: Village Sokhmus, U.C Siksa, District Ghanche, Gilgit Baltistan
Project Cost: 1.7 Million
Donor: Embassy of Switzerland in Pakistan